First Sunday Family Fun Day
The Kansas City Museum’s First Sunday Family Fun Day is a fantastic way to share a great family moment and have a little fun too! The event allows children to have fun while also having an exceptional learning experience. There are historic games and scavenger hunts held on the grounds to play. For the artsy person in your family, there is an arts and crafts area. There’s historical information and exterior panels surrounding the Museum for the history aficionados and if you are lucky enough, you might get a free old-fashioned treat.
Family Fun Day: Music is My First Love
Sunday, November 3 | noon-4 p.m. | Free
Create arts and crafts and listen to fabulous music inspired by our newest exhibit: Music is My First Love: The Lupe M. Gonzalez Orchestra. Visitors will listen to local musicians and make your own musical instrument. Visitors will also create their own journal and picture frames, and so much more!
- Explore the exhibit Música es Mi Primer Amor/ Music is My First Love: The Lupe M. Gonzalez Orchestra
- Listen to local musicians
- Make your own musical instrument
- Create a journal to help you start recording your family history
- Listen to local storytellers
- Create a picture frame to display a photograph of your family